Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Room with A View

I arrived at Changi Airport just after 10 at Night. The temperature outside the Airport was hot and humid and I could'nt wait to get to my room. I knew touring around Singapore was going to be uncomfortable the next day:- the usual outside- find airconditioning-recover-outside cycle I use to survive these types of climates. I like Breakfast in Asian countries, of course I can still get my weet bix and milk but you can have all sorts of dim sims, porridges, rices and other unknown substances. There is usually stacks of Lychees (my favourite) and other asian fruits.
To get around in Singapore you can take the FunVee Bus. It's about $20 Singapore and you hop on hop off at the tourist sites. Singapore has anoversized Ferris Wheel called the Singapore Flyer - just like the Millenium Eye in London only taller. You can also go through the shops at Orchard St, have Tea at Raffles and visit a Temple of two or three. For Lunch I ate at an Asian Food Hall, Although tempted by the Pig Organ Congee I resisted and had a Chicken Stir Fry; at least I think it was. I went to the Airport early because I had had enough of the heat. I showered at the QANTAS club and prepared for my 13 hours of sitting upright in a Premium Economy torture chair. The picture is from my room's window.

No comments:

Post a Comment