Thursday, July 8, 2010

2 days to kick off

Col here :
Well here we are . After about 6 months preparation we are about to start the trip. Not surprisingly I am far from ready but hopefully over the next couple of days i can get it all organised.

My final walk ( and many thanks to Geoff for accompanying me cause JR was down the coast having a well deserved bit of R&R) was 18klms starting at Learmonth Drive and up and over the Urambi Hills (both humps) and then down along the golf course over the Kambah Pool Road and then up and over McQuoid 's Hill and then around the back of Allchin Cct and up and over Mount Arawang and then along the outskirts of Fisher and under the parkway and up Mount Taylor from the Woden side and then back to Learmonth Drive. This took about 4hrs 45 minutes so I was pretty happy with that. Pretty happy with the preparation which also included two walks up Mount Tennant which is worth the effort (and there is effort involved) Saw a Mouse Spider and played with it with my walking pole and then when I got home found out they are related to Funnel Webs. Oops. Never seen a spider that looked like that one but I guess in nature normally red means danger so I should have known.

No doubt Al is anxiously awaiting our arrival in the Old Dart. So this time Sunday I will be blogging to you from Glasgow, Scotland. Still can't really believe that.

Just off to have a final Indian with JR and Pete (not going to have the chicken vindaloo tonight - now that dish is hooootttt!!!!!!!!!!) So 3 of the crew will be together this evening. We might have to message Al the blog address ha ha.

Ha ha I thought i was being cool doing a blog and then when I discussed it with Ella she said I should be doing vlogs. :-)

Cheers
SWaBS

1 comment:

  1. This proves you're just a practicing luddite Col. "Everyone" knows you vlogs nowadays. I alerted Neighbourhood Watch when I heard you were walking our way.

    ReplyDelete